"There's a fine line between the bold romantic gesture and stalking. The tricky crux of the matter is that it depends to a great extent on how that gesture is going to be received -- which factor, unfortunately, the impetuous suitor/obsessed stalker has lost all ability to gauge. A friend of mine reports that all the women he's polled have been enthusiastic advocates of the bold romantic gesture, but this, he suspects, is because they're automatically picturing John Cusack making it, not Steve Buscemi or Peter Lorre or the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Often you don't know whether you're the hero of a romantic comedy or the villain on a Lifetime special until the restraining order arrives."
- Tim Kreider, "The Creature Walks Among Us," p.12 in We Learn Nothing
- Read in August
- The Afterlife Diet by Daniel Pinkwater
- The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2014 by ...
- The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2013 by ...
- Fler obskyra favoritlåtar: Sov Min Kära
- The Cursing Mommy's Book of Days by Ian Frazier
- Incoming Books: 26 August
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 8/24
- Careful - igen
- Quote of the Week: Edjumicated
- Journalism by Joe Sacco
- Incoming Books: August 21
- Lead The Way
- The Best American Comics 2012 edited by Francoise ...
- I'll Be There
- Coming Down
- Obskyra favoritlåtar
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 8/17
- Dylan tolkar "Thirsty Boots"
- Quote of the Week: I Have Always Loved You-Hoo-Hoo...
- World Fantasy Award Nominees for 2013
- The Amazon Pimpage I Haven't Done for a While
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 8/11
- Two by Tim Kreider: We Learn Nothing & Twilight of...
- Hereville: How Mirka Met a Meteorite by Barry Deut...
- Det gäller att ha tur när man har otur
- Say No to Dope
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 8/3
- MST3K 30-Day Challenge
- Kaos i oredan
- Heads in Beds by Jacob Tomsky
- Rough Justice by Alex Ross
- Secret Identity: The Fetish Art of Superman's Crea...
- ▼ August (34)
- ► 2012 (395)
- ► 2011 (104)
- ► 2010 (103)
Thing the First: Holidays I hope you all had a happy Bloomsday, and are looking forward to a particularly festive Juneteenth. For myself, th...
Or, A brief jeremiad aimed at people who agree with Hobby Lobby and the various other companies jumping on their bandwagon. For those who ha...
Tillknycklad av kärlek, fas 2 I förra inlägget skrev jag om chocken när kärlek plötsligt tagit slut. Sen kommer de bittra anklagelserna och ...
If you read The New Yorker , you're familiar with Frazier -- he's been writing short comic pieces (collected in books like Coyote V....
I'm going to rent myself a house In the shade of the freeway I'm going to pack my lunch in the morning And go to work each day And w...
En hel vecka har gått utan att jag hunnit med ett ord... Det är mycket nu... Desto viktigare att den musik man lyssnar på, om man nu alls hi...
I need to update information on a website I control with information about a company in India -- and I was just on their contact page a few ...
Just nu hinner jag knappt med livets vardagliga nödvändigheter, men snart kommer oktober och då lättar det. Och det kommer en massa spännand...
I read all of these books in mid-February, expecting to dive back into regularly reviewing my review copies -- if any publicists are lurking...
Top Shelf, one of the finest publishers of interesting comics on this or any other continent, is having one of their periodic amazing sales ...