Nobody ever clicks on these, so I post them partially for my own amusement and partially to make it look like I have more content here. Well, actually, since it's been months since I did this, I should probably say those used to be my reasons. Now, I'm just doing it to clear some things out of my in-box and feel like I'm accomplishing something this evening.
First, Amazon suspects that some of you may be going back to school yourselves, or that you have little varmints underfoot that will be doing so -- for them, Amazon has created a banner! (That 75% of half-smart Internet users have already blocked.)
Shop Amazon Back to School Shop
If the school you or your wallet will be attending has "college" or "university" as part of its name, this alternate banner might be more apropos:
Shop Amazon Back to School
Second, Amazon thinks that there are some people out there who will be buying a lot of new jewelry because it's summer. I don't know who those people are, but, if you're one of them, here's a banner:
Shop Amazon Jewelry - New Earrings for Summer
And then, Amazon tries hard to make their customers happy, which means that they probably get a lot of returns, which is the reason I think there's a big Deep Discounts on Open-Box and Used Products thing going on now. And this is the banner:
Shop Amazon Warehouse Deals - Deep Discounts on Open-box and Used Products
I also had banners for summer clothes, but the dude in the ad was just so obnoxiously board-shorted and dudely that I can't stomach putting him here for the two of you who haven't learned how to block ads yet. But there's plenty of other stuff to buy at Amazon, believe you me. They'll take over all world commerce if you don't watch out.
And Last, without any banners, if you want to shop or buy anything from that hegemonic Internet retailer, here's a link for you. It'll divert a tiny piece of what you would have paid anyway into my pocket, which I appreciate.
- Read in August
- The Afterlife Diet by Daniel Pinkwater
- The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2014 by ...
- The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2013 by ...
- Fler obskyra favoritlåtar: Sov Min Kära
- The Cursing Mommy's Book of Days by Ian Frazier
- Incoming Books: 26 August
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 8/24
- Careful - igen
- Quote of the Week: Edjumicated
- Journalism by Joe Sacco
- Incoming Books: August 21
- Lead The Way
- The Best American Comics 2012 edited by Francoise ...
- I'll Be There
- Coming Down
- Obskyra favoritlåtar
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 8/17
- Dylan tolkar "Thirsty Boots"
- Quote of the Week: I Have Always Loved You-Hoo-Hoo...
- World Fantasy Award Nominees for 2013
- The Amazon Pimpage I Haven't Done for a While
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 8/11
- Two by Tim Kreider: We Learn Nothing & Twilight of...
- Hereville: How Mirka Met a Meteorite by Barry Deut...
- Det gäller att ha tur när man har otur
- Say No to Dope
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 8/3
- MST3K 30-Day Challenge
- Kaos i oredan
- Heads in Beds by Jacob Tomsky
- Rough Justice by Alex Ross
- Secret Identity: The Fetish Art of Superman's Crea...
- ▼ August (34)
- ► 2012 (395)
- ► 2011 (104)
- ► 2010 (103)
Thing the First: Holidays I hope you all had a happy Bloomsday, and are looking forward to a particularly festive Juneteenth. For myself, th...
Or, A brief jeremiad aimed at people who agree with Hobby Lobby and the various other companies jumping on their bandwagon. For those who ha...
Tillknycklad av kärlek, fas 2 I förra inlägget skrev jag om chocken när kärlek plötsligt tagit slut. Sen kommer de bittra anklagelserna och ...
If you read The New Yorker , you're familiar with Frazier -- he's been writing short comic pieces (collected in books like Coyote V....
I'm going to rent myself a house In the shade of the freeway I'm going to pack my lunch in the morning And go to work each day And w...
En hel vecka har gått utan att jag hunnit med ett ord... Det är mycket nu... Desto viktigare att den musik man lyssnar på, om man nu alls hi...
I need to update information on a website I control with information about a company in India -- and I was just on their contact page a few ...
Just nu hinner jag knappt med livets vardagliga nödvändigheter, men snart kommer oktober och då lättar det. Och det kommer en massa spännand...
I read all of these books in mid-February, expecting to dive back into regularly reviewing my review copies -- if any publicists are lurking...
Top Shelf, one of the finest publishers of interesting comics on this or any other continent, is having one of their periodic amazing sales ...