Well, it'll soon be clear that my attention wasn't on reading books this month -- but the books I did get through were pretty enjoyable anyway.
Francoise Mouly, editor, The Best American Comics 2012 (8/1)
Joe Sacco, Journalism (8/2)
A.J. Wolfe, The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2013 (PDF, 8/7)
Tim Kreider, Twilight of the Assholes (8/8)
Daniel Pinkwater, The Afterlife Diet (8/16)
Bob Sehlinger & Len Testa, The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2014 (8/27)
And that was my August.
I'll probably have a reading project to take up all of October that will get me reading (and blogging) a lot more, but details on that will follow in a couple of weeks.
September, the month in between, might just see me continue this slow desultory meander through just a few books a month -- I'd prefer to read more books more quickly, but it seems I need some structure (provided by work or otherwise) to make me do that. As always, if there's anyone out there who wants me to write for them, just drop me a line -- I work vastly better with deadlines than without them.
- Read in August
- The Afterlife Diet by Daniel Pinkwater
- The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2014 by ...
- The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2013 by ...
- Fler obskyra favoritlåtar: Sov Min Kära
- The Cursing Mommy's Book of Days by Ian Frazier
- Incoming Books: 26 August
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 8/24
- Careful - igen
- Quote of the Week: Edjumicated
- Journalism by Joe Sacco
- Incoming Books: August 21
- Lead The Way
- The Best American Comics 2012 edited by Francoise ...
- I'll Be There
- Coming Down
- Obskyra favoritlåtar
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 8/17
- Dylan tolkar "Thirsty Boots"
- Quote of the Week: I Have Always Loved You-Hoo-Hoo...
- World Fantasy Award Nominees for 2013
- The Amazon Pimpage I Haven't Done for a While
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 8/11
- Two by Tim Kreider: We Learn Nothing & Twilight of...
- Hereville: How Mirka Met a Meteorite by Barry Deut...
- Det gäller att ha tur när man har otur
- Say No to Dope
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 8/3
- MST3K 30-Day Challenge
- Kaos i oredan
- Heads in Beds by Jacob Tomsky
- Rough Justice by Alex Ross
- Secret Identity: The Fetish Art of Superman's Crea...
- ▼ August (34)
- ► 2012 (395)
- ► 2011 (104)
- ► 2010 (103)
Thing the First: Holidays I hope you all had a happy Bloomsday, and are looking forward to a particularly festive Juneteenth. For myself, th...
Or, A brief jeremiad aimed at people who agree with Hobby Lobby and the various other companies jumping on their bandwagon. For those who ha...
Tillknycklad av kärlek, fas 2 I förra inlägget skrev jag om chocken när kärlek plötsligt tagit slut. Sen kommer de bittra anklagelserna och ...
If you read The New Yorker , you're familiar with Frazier -- he's been writing short comic pieces (collected in books like Coyote V....
I'm going to rent myself a house In the shade of the freeway I'm going to pack my lunch in the morning And go to work each day And w...
En hel vecka har gått utan att jag hunnit med ett ord... Det är mycket nu... Desto viktigare att den musik man lyssnar på, om man nu alls hi...
I need to update information on a website I control with information about a company in India -- and I was just on their contact page a few ...
Just nu hinner jag knappt med livets vardagliga nödvändigheter, men snart kommer oktober och då lättar det. Och det kommer en massa spännand...
I read all of these books in mid-February, expecting to dive back into regularly reviewing my review copies -- if any publicists are lurking...
Top Shelf, one of the finest publishers of interesting comics on this or any other continent, is having one of their periodic amazing sales ...