I was using them for traffic stats, and their page seems to have turned into a squatter -- did they just suddenly go out of business?
(I'll admit I didn't check my stats as often as I should have, but they were always right there, in that Firefox tab I rarely touched, and that was comforting.)
I mean, I've got Google Analytics too, but I looked at Sitemeter more (meaning once every three months or so).
This Internet stuff keeps changing in ways that are deeply annoying.
Update: April 6th, AM. Sitemeter is back!
But I can't find any reference to the outage on the site itself.
A blogger called The Other McCain reports that Sitemeter forgot to renew their domain -- which is exactly what this looked like, but it's such a basic Web 101 thing that I don't want to believe it -- so perhaps that is the explanation after all.
- Elliott och Olivier rockar på Big Ben
- Basse på Big Ben igen
- What Becomes of All the Little Monsters Who Run Aw...
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 4/27
- Nya dimensioner med The Deep Dark Woods
- Because I Haven't Done a Silly Quiz Meme in a Long...
- James Patterson Is Unhappy
- What Is the Deal With LeaderShift?
- A Useful Op-Ed Strategy
- Today's Political Thought
- Richie Havens död
- An Excellent Example of the Misleading Statistic
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 4/20
- Sandy Denny - 35 år av saknad
- Things Tom Waits Has Taught Me
- All Too True
- Fairport Convention lever vidare
- Free Music I Like and Think You Will Too
- Ännu ett bottennapp
- A Sad Realization
- W T F
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 4/13
- Nu är de här...!
- Thatchers död 24 år senare
- Things I Haven't Commented on Yet
- Magical Thinking and the Modern World
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 4/6
- Paper Aeroplanes - ännu en gång
- Farewell Roger Ebert
- What Happened to Sitemeter?
- Stuff My Employer Has Sold, And What Happened To I...
- Outside of My Expertise
- Not Quite Schadenfreude, But Close
- Relish: My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy Knisley
- News of the Day
- What Flashed Through My Brain Just Now
- Reviewing the Mail: Week of 3/30
- ▼ April (37)
- ► 2012 (395)
- ► 2011 (104)
- ► 2010 (103)
Thing the First: Holidays I hope you all had a happy Bloomsday, and are looking forward to a particularly festive Juneteenth. For myself, th...
Or, A brief jeremiad aimed at people who agree with Hobby Lobby and the various other companies jumping on their bandwagon. For those who ha...
Tillknycklad av kärlek, fas 2 I förra inlägget skrev jag om chocken när kärlek plötsligt tagit slut. Sen kommer de bittra anklagelserna och ...
If you read The New Yorker , you're familiar with Frazier -- he's been writing short comic pieces (collected in books like Coyote V....
I'm going to rent myself a house In the shade of the freeway I'm going to pack my lunch in the morning And go to work each day And w...
En hel vecka har gått utan att jag hunnit med ett ord... Det är mycket nu... Desto viktigare att den musik man lyssnar på, om man nu alls hi...
I need to update information on a website I control with information about a company in India -- and I was just on their contact page a few ...
Just nu hinner jag knappt med livets vardagliga nödvändigheter, men snart kommer oktober och då lättar det. Och det kommer en massa spännand...
I read all of these books in mid-February, expecting to dive back into regularly reviewing my review copies -- if any publicists are lurking...
Top Shelf, one of the finest publishers of interesting comics on this or any other continent, is having one of their periodic amazing sales ...